Mostly mistaken and ignored PostgreSQL parameters while optimizing a PostgreSQL database
Avinash Vallarapu (Avi) is the CEO and Co-founder of MigOps, Inc. Before joining MigOps, Avi worked as a Global Services Lead and Product Owner for PostgreSQL services at Percona, Database Architect at OpenSCG and Dell. Avi has a great expertise on Migrations to PostgreSQL. He has a vast experience in technologies like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB for the last 2 decades. He is an avid Python and Golang developer. He has co-authored multiple books on PostgreSQL : Beginning PostgreSQL on Cloud and PostgreSQL 13 Cookbook.
He spoke at various PostgreSQL Conferences in the past including -
- PGCONF India - 2017/2019
- PGCON Ottawa 2018
- Percona Live Frankfurt 2018
- Postgres Conference New York 2019
- Percona Live Texas 2019
- Postgres Open Florida 2019
- Postgres Conference Silicon Valley 2019
- Percona Live Amsterdam 2019
- PGCONF India 2020, New York, Percona Live and some more conferences.
His areas of expertise are PostgreSQL Migrations, Training and Consulting.
No video of the event yet, sorry!
*Abstract : *
- Optimizing a PostgreSQL database may be a challenge if some of the important parameters are ignored. And a bigger challenge may be the algorithm behind setting those parameters correctly. In my experience with PostgreSQL Consulting for more than a decade, I have seen a bigger list of parameters that are wrongly set or ignored. This talk details a list of important PostgreSQL parameters with some good description, that could drastically improve the performance graph when properly set. We shall also discuss some mathematical formulae and some extensions helpful to expose the diagnostic data for tuning these parameters. This talk should help both the beginners and also PostgreSQL admins to go back and check if they have tuned these parameters correctly in their PostgreSQL environments.
- 2019 September 20 14:00 PDT
- 50 min
- Winchester (1)
- Silicon Valley 2019
- Ops and Administration