BEng(Hons) at Univerity of Pretoria
Software engineer at Goodx Software (and Quant Solutions) where we implement health care workflow and financial solutions for the South African and African markets. In addition to this we do contract work, usually building workflow, document and financial systems with the occasional embedded system.
Our financial and clinical flagship products including our health care switch makes use of PostgreSQL as database.
No video of the event yet, sorry!
This is a introductory overview of JSONB for those who have not had the pleasure of using it before.
What I will try to cover:
- A quick overview of the syntax basics as well as how we use JSONB in our clinical healthcare app, where we capture largely unstructured clinical data.
- What do you want to use it for, and what is it bad for.
- The different indexes on JSONB and what they are generally good for.
- How to create custom datatypes on top of JSONB.
- Doing partial (sub structure) updates.
- Creating JSONB structure from current tables with jsonb build object, to jsonb and jsonb agg.
- 2018 April 18 14:20
- 50 min
- Liberty I
- PostgresConf US 2018
- Use Cases