How to build local communities: a meetup perspective
``` Henrietta Dombrovskaya is a database researcher and developer with over 35 years of academic and industrial experience. She holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Saint Petersburg, Russia. At present she is
- A Senior Cloud Consultant at Enterprise DB
- Local Organizer of the Chicago PostgreSQL User Group
- Active community member, a frequent speaker at the PostgreSQL Conferences
- A researcher focused on developing efficient interactions between applications and databases; publications include Proceedings of EDBT 2014 Athens, ICDE 2016 in Helsinki, and SOFSEM 2020 Limassol
- A winner of the “Technologist of the Year” 2019 award of the Illinois Technology Association
- An author of PostgreSQL Query Optimization book ```
No video of the event yet, sorry!
Today, Chicago PUG is the third-largest in the Western Hemisphere, but it was not the case three years ago. It is easy to announce a new User Group, but how to keep it running and growing? Nobody expected new pandemic and the effect it will take on our lives. The Open Source communities, including Postgres community, which live and breath live discussions, were hit heavily. How did we manage? What's next? Find out during this short presentation!
- 20 min
- Postgres Conference 2020
- Professional Development, Life and Leadership