Why PostgreSQL is Becoming a Migration Target in Large Enterprises
Jobin Augustine is a PostgreSQL expert and Open Source advocate and has more than 18 years of working experience as consultant, architect, administrator, writer, and trainer in PostgreSQL, Oracle, and other database technologies. He has always been an active participant in the Open Source communities and his main focus area is database performance and optimization. He is a contributor to various Open Source Projects and is an active blogger and loves to code in C++ and Python.
Jobin holds a Masters in Computer Applications and joined Percona in 2018 as a Senior Support Engineer. Prior to joining Percona, he worked at OpenSCG for 2 years as Architect and was part of the BigSQL core team, a complete PostgreSQL distribution offering. Previous to his work at OpenSCG, Jobin worked at Dell as Database Senior Advisor for 10 years and 5 years with TCS/CMC.
No video of the event yet, sorry!
This talk contains deeper analysis of compelling reasons why large enterprises opted to migrate to PostgreSQL. Every layer of enterprise, Executive management, Architects, Developers, and Operations team finds multiple strong reasons for selecting PostgreSQL. This is changing the PostgreSQL user-base and landscape. In other words, This talk is about why someone should migrate to PostgreSQL. This talk includes Trend analysis and the latest info
- TCO, Vendor lock-in, Intellectual property protection.
- PostgreSQL Licence and its advantages.
- The trap of "Editions"
- SQL standards and Portable code and knowledge.
- Language independence
- NoSQL features
- Friendly client tools
- Support from Big cloud vendors and tools
- High Availability and Backup tools etc are not resulting in lock-in 10. World of extensions.
- Interoperating with other databases.
- Tools that makes the migration easy. Additionally, there will be a quick demo of how easy can be a migration to make the audience confident to start tinking about switching
- 2020 March 26 10:00
- 50 min
- Postgres Conference 2020
- Case Studies