Sebastian Dressler has a wealth of experience in connecting hardware with software building creative solutions. He is Solution Architect at Swarm64, helping customers fully understand how to fit Swarm64 technology into their environments. Sebastian holds an MSc from the TU Berlin in Computer Science. Neovim is his favorite editor.
No video of the event yet, sorry!
Join us on September 29 for a 45-minute introduction to ColumnStore indexes in PostgreSQL.
Swarm64 DA 5.0 introduces ColumnStore indexes for PostgreSQL, which can be defined for any table and greatly reduce I/O to speed up query performance. They are ideal for data warehousing and analytics workloads.
Swarm64 Solution Architect, Sebastian Dressler, will cover the following:
- How ColumnStore indexes work
- ColumnStore index syntax in PostgreSQL
- What ColumnStore indexes do and don’t do
- ColumnStore index best practices
- Table coverage
- Index updates
- Compression levels
- Columnstore index replication, crash-safety
- Columnstore performance demo & benchmarks
- 2020 September 29 10:00
- 1 h
- Postgres Webinar Series
- Requires Registration:
- Yes (Registered: 160)