NORM - Bridging the Gap Between Applications and Databases
Henrietta Dombrovskaya is a database researcher and developer with over 35 years of academic and industrial experience. She holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Saint Petersburg, Russia. At present she is
- Associate Director of Databases at Braviant Holdings, Chicago IL
- Local Organizer of the Chicago PostgreSQL User Group
- Active community member, a frequent speaker at the PostgreSQL Conferences
- A researcher focused on developing efficient interactions between applications and databases; publications include Proceedings of EDBT 2014 Athens, ICDE 2016 in Helsinki and SOFSEM 2020 Limassol
- A winner of the “Technologist of the Year” 2019 award of the Illinois Technology Association
No video of the event yet, sorry!
Life without ORM - is it possible and how we can get there? In this talk, Hettie will present the approach developed and implemented at Braviant Holdings. NORM (No-ORM) allows building performant and scalable applications and is praised by developers for its ease of use.
- 2020 May 6 19:00
- 1 h
- Postgres Webinar Series
- Requires Registration:
- Yes (Registered: 88)