PostgreSQL Parallelism Do’s and Don’ts
Sebastian loves to play with different technologies and bring them together to build creative solutions. In his role as Solution Architect at Swarm64 he helps customers to performance-optimize their PostgreSQL and understand how to fit Swarm64 DA into their environments.
Join us on September 9 for a 45-minute webinar on parallelism in PostgreSQL.
PostgreSQL can apply parallel processing to speed up query performance. But the PostgreSQL query planner and internals are complex, making it a challenge to predict how parallel processing will affect different queries.
In this webinar, you’ll learn parallelism best practices to maximize your PostgreSQL query performance.
Swarm64 Solution Architect, Sebastian Dressler, will explain:
- A brief history of parallelism in PostgreSQL
- What parallel processing does and does not accelerate in PostgreSQL
- How to increase parallelism to speed up queries
- Common mistakes that block parallelism in PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL parallelism best practices
- Database configuration
- Hardware choices
- Determining which queries will benefit most from parallelism
- 2020 September 9 10:00 UTC
- 1 h
- Postgres Webinar Series
- Requires Registration:
- Yes (Registered: 112)