Lloyd Albin SeattlePostgres
I have been a PostgreSQL administrator since 2002 and have worked for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center since 2008. Within Fred Hutch, I work for the largest group called SCHARP, Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention.
In 2010 I started SeaPUG, Seattle Postgres Users Group, at the request of Josh Drake. I present at least half the presentations there every year. I started the PostgreSQL track at LinuxFest Northwest in 2014 after my GIS presentation in 2013 was standing room only. In 2017 I got a booth at the SeaGL, Seattle GNU Linux, conference with the idea of having a booth there in 2018 along with also doing a PostgreSQL presentation at the conference. In 2017 I started presenting at various PostgresConf Conferences.
I have also discovered several PostgreSQL bugs which have been fixed, some of them affected every version of PostgreSQL.
- 7553 - Variant of the what alias to use after a rename bug in views - Fixed in 9.3
- 8173 - Inserting heap tuples in bulk in COPY patch return wrong line on failure 999 out of 1000 times. - Fixed in 9.2.5 & 9.3
- 8257 - Multi-Core Restore fails when containing index comments - Fixed in 8.4, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3
- 8291 - postgres_fdw does not re-read USER MAPING after change - Updated Docs in 9.3
- 8545 - pg_dump does not backup database level globals - Fixed in 11
- 15182 - Major Bug - Affecting all versions of PostgreSQL. Partially fixed in 11 and fully fixed in 12
- 15316 - Creation of check constraint functions that rely on data loaded alphabetically after your primary data will fail to restore properly.
I host the Seattle Postgres Users Group where I give many of the presentations. I have many of the presentations posted at Lloyd's Presentations
Lloyd Albin presents 8 Events:
Using GIS in PostgreSQL at PostgresConf US 2018
Using GIS in PostgreSQL at PGConf Local: Austin [PgConf.US]
Using GIS in PostgreSQL at PGConf Local: Seattle [PgConf.US]
Viewing data at the intersection between roles at Silicon Valley
Shadow Tables vers PGAudit at Postgres Conference
AutoVacuum - Tuning and Monitoring at Silicon Valley 2019
AutoVacuum - Tuning and Monitoring at South Africa 2019
Shadow Tables vers PGAudit at South Africa 2019